Saturday hikes for 2018
Members Hike is being held on 28 th July Saturday morning , weather permitting.
Starting at 08h30 . Wear comfortable shoes for a long hike and bring water along.
Non members to pay entry fee to reserve.
Contact hike leader Neville 0219134618 or 0826605613 for any further details .
There is an entrance fee for visitors and Friends of Tygerberg Hill enter free with their membership card.
Hiking trail Map is at the main gate office.
- Golden Mole
- Grey Rhebok
- Honey Badger
- Striped Weasel
- Wild Olive
The Friends hold regular hikes in the reserve.
Anyone may enter the reserve during opening hours and hike any of the existing hiking trails.
When joining a hike, please remember:
- Wear appropriate hiking shoes. Depending on the route, the terrain can be rough or slippery.
- Bring non-alcoholic drinks and snacks .
- It is advisable to always carry a light jacket. The weather can change quickly, and the wind on the mountain can be cold.
- Children are welcome as long as they are physically able to complete the hike.
- Please be at the starting point at least 10 minutes before the start of the hike time.
From time to time, a longer hike, a sunset or moonlight hike or a wine hike is arranged. Please check this website for details of the events.
The friends work team finished the construction of the 500m long wheelchair path on top f the hill in the Tygerberg Hills nature reserve. The opening took place on Heritage Day 24 September 2008.