Saturday hikes arrangement
Members Hike is held on Saturday morning , weather permitting.
Starting at 08h30 . Wear comfortable shoes for a long hike and bring water along.
Contact hike leader Neville 0219134618 or 0826605613 for any further details .
There is an entrance fee for visitors and Friends of Tygerberg Hill enter with their membership card.
Hiking trail Map is at the main gate office.
- Golden Mole
- Grey Rhebok
- Honey Badger
- Striped Weasel
- Wild Olive
The Friends hold hikes in the reserve.
You can enter the reserve during opening hours and hike any of the existing hiking trails.
When joining a hike, please remember:
- Wear appropriate hiking shoes. Depending on the route chosen, the terrain can be rough or slippery.
- Bring non-alcoholic drink and snacks .
- It is advisable to always carry a light jacket. The weather can change quickly, and the wind on the mountain can be cold.
- Children are welcome as long as they are physically able to complete the hike.
- Please be at the starting point at least 10 minutes before the start of the hike time.
At times a longer hike, a sunset or moonlight hike or a wine hike is arranged. Please check this website for details of the event.
The friends work team finished the construction of the 500m long wheelchair path on the hill in the Tygerberg Hills nature reserve. The opening took place on Heritage Day 24 September 2008.
2019 path upgrading has been completed.