Saturday and Wednesday hikes for 2016
Hikes are being held on Saturday and Wednesday morning weather dependent.
Starting at 06.30 from Saturday 02 nd September 2017 then from 06h00 from 4th October . Non members to pay entry fee on leaving reserve.
Contact hike leader Bill Wilson on 0219135190 or 0836757054 for any further detail s .
Hiking trail Map is at the main gate office.
- Golden Mole
- Grey Rhebok
- Honey Badger
- Striped Weasel
- Wild Olive
There is an entrance fee for visitors and Friends of Tygerberg Hill enter free with their membership card.
The Friends hold regular hikes in the reserve.
Anyone may enter the reserve during opening hours and hike any of the existing hiking trails.
When joining a hike, please remember:
- Wear appropriate hiking shoes. Depending on the route, the terrain can be rough or slippery.
- Bring non-alcoholic drinks and snacks .
- It is advisable to always carry a light jacket. The weather can change quickly, and the wind on the mountain can be cold.
- Children are welcome as long as they are physically able to complete the hike.
- Please be at the starting point at least 10 minutes before the start of the hike time.
From time to time, a longer hike, a sunset or moonlight hike or a wine hike is arranged. Please check this website for details of the events.
The friends work team finished the construction of the 500m long wheelchair path on top f the hill in the Tygerberg Hills nature reserve. The opening took place on Heritage Day 24 September 2008.